The Benefits of Getting Your Pet Spayed or Neutered Explains by Davie Florida’s Premier Vet
We all know that getting your pet spayed or neutered is the responsible thing to do to help prevent over population. Buy in addition to preventing unwanted litters, there are some long-term health benefits for pets that get spayed or neutered.
Here are just a few of the benefits to you and your pet:
- Males will do just about anything when it comes to mating like digging under fences to get outside. They can put them selves in danger by getting loose and roaming the streets where they can get hit by a car or run into another male looking for a fight. Neutering keeps your guy close to home.
- Females in heat have all kinds of issue like frequent urination; that’s both uncomfortable for the pet and annoyance in the house.
- There’s a misconception out there that neutering and spaying will make your pet obese. It’s not true.
- Neutering will save you money and keep you pet healthier by keeping them close to home where they can avoid disease.
- Spaying females before her first heat, can help prevent uterine infections and breast cancer, which is fatal in about 90% of cats and half of dogs.
- Neutering your puppy can almost eliminate their chance of ever getting testicular cancer.
If you have any questions about getting you pet spayed or neutered give DPC Veterinary Hospital in Davie a call today at (954) 989-9879.